The Government has decided that 80-86% of current Disability Employment Services providers must re-tender for contracts to provide services for jobseekers and employees with disability in 2012.
This is unprecedented and unnecessary
- It will not improve service quality
- It will destabilise the industry
- It will divert essential staff, finances and resources from service provision
- It will result in a less diverse sector
- It will result in reduced support for jobseekers and employees with disability and their employers
We agree with the government’s objectives, but disagree about their way of achieving them. There are more effective and less disruptive ways to improve service standards.Join the movement and help us change the Government’s position on this vital issue. What are we asking for?