Member News: 30 years of meaningful employment
30 years ago, EPIC Assist was founded with the mission to make a difference in the lives of people with disability.
When our small, but passionate, team of four staff members opened their doors for the very first time in 1990, they never could have imagined the impact that their little service would grow to achieve in the next three decades.
Three states, 48 service centres, and over 250 staff members later, and we’re still working hard every day to change lives. Over the last 30 years, we’ve helped tens of thousands of people with disability find meaningful, sustainable employment. We’ve:
- helped write thousands of resumes
- applied for hundreds of thousands of jobs
- supported hundreds of students through their education journey
- donated thousands of dollars through our community grants program towards creating more inclusive and diverse communities
- provided mental health support to job seekers with disability
- created opportunities for emerging artists with disability to launch their careers as artists
- connected thousands of employers with like-minded staff
- broken down countless barriers surrounding hiring people with disability, and built more inclusive and diverse workplaces across our footprint.
Read: The full story at EPIC Assists
Disability Employment Australia sources and promotes articles and information that we deem relevant and interesting for our members. The views represented in the news items are the authors and not necessarily that of Disability Employment Australia. Disability Employment Australia claims no authorship or ownership over the articles and does not gain financially from their promotion.