Applications close 16/12/2018
How to apply:
If you would like to join our team, please submit your application including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Wong – HR Coordinator on 03 9689 3437. Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Name: Carmen Wong
Phone: (03) 9689 3437
Advertised by Working Communities Network (WCN)
- Located at our head office in Footscray + travel is required within Metro Melbourne + Geelong region
- Industry leading salary PLUS Salary Packaging and attractive employee benefits equivalent to $100K for the right candidate
- Negotiable on 0.8 – 1.0 FTE
The Working Communities Network (WCNjobs) is a consortium of organisations with WCIG, JobCo and E-Focus. WCNjobs provides DES ESS services across 35 sites across all of Melbourne and in Geelong to approximately 2000 clients. Our referrals have grown on average across our sites by 20% since the changes to the contract in July 2018. As a result of this rapid expansion, we are recruiting for a Senior Management role within the consortium on a permanent full-time basis (negotiable for 0.8 FTE).
Your previous management roles within the disability employment services industry will ensure you are equipped with the skills and knowledge for this role. You will be responsible for advising staff across the consortium on ‘essential daily routine and not so routine tasks’ of DES. This role is crucial in providing internal management support to the WCNjobs head office staff, who focus mainly on data analysis, staff training, claims and quality, as well as supporting DES Site and Regional Managers. You will have excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. A customer focused approach is essential, as DES is a people based business and the relationships you build are crucial to successfully placing and maintaining employment for job seekers. This role is ideal for someone that does not want to be desk bound, with a pool car provided for travel.
- Coach, mentor and advise consortium managers to develop skills, experience and ensure succession planning
- Ensure contractual obligations and standard operating procedures are delivered, evaluated and improved as required
- Work closely with DES Managers within the consortium in allocating resources to ensure services meet client needs, and providing feedback on implementation
- Identify and report issues that impact on performance, compliance or quality of service delivery to the WCN Group Manager
- Tertiary qualification in Management, Allied Health or related discipline and/or relevant experience is preferred
- Relevant management experience overseeing sites in DES and/or Jobactive is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- High level of administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills to ask the right questions to obtain the right information
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure strict compliance and high performance across the consortium
- Current drivers licence is essential due to nature of the role
What’s on offer:
- Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (EBA) with industry leading salary levels that increase by 2.5% annually for the life of the agreement
- Above Award personal, compassionate and maternity leave schemes
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Salary packaging
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Option of purchasing additional two weeks of annual leave
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
WCIG Inc. is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and supports the creation of working conditions to ensure that all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion and training. WCIG encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders and/or those with a disability. Only Australian citizens, permanent residents or people who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the appropriately qualified and experienced people.