Disability Employment Australia's Annual Conference is presented by Disability Employment Australia. The 2017 Conference will be held at Hilton Brisbane on 6 & 7 September 2017.
Disability Employment Australia’s Annual Conference is Australasia’s premier conference for managers, aspiring managers, practitioners, and academics working in or with the Disability Employment Services sector.
- Choice and control in similar sectors (e.g. aged care, disability services, mental health and social housing)
- How to prepare for the future (e.g. ‘getting burnt and lessons learnt’ – sectors that have undergone major change)
- Can collaboration and competition coexist?
- Engaging participants, engaging community services, and providing quality service in a market model
- Best practice working with participants with challenging behaviours
- Innovation and utilisation of modern technology to improve participant outcome rates
- Effective employer engagement – meeting the needs of small, medium and large business
- Risk and opportunities for the future of the DES program – where will we be in five years’ time?
- International experience – improving employment outcomes for people with disability
- Employment for different disability cohorts
- Career development for people with disability
- Early intervention, work experience, part time jobs and the transition from school to work
- Equity and service quality in regional, rural and remote areas
- The regulatory framework, performance framework and provider expectations in the new DES
- The intersection between the new DES and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, the National Disability Strategy, and the future of disability employment
In recent years, upwards of 450 Disability Employment Services professionals and other specialists have attended Disability Employment Australia’s Annual Conference.
The conference boasts informative and engaging plenary sessions, panel discussions and a myriad of expert breakout presentations. Our diverse program ensures delegates receive the most current material from national and international industry leaders.
The conference also offers a once-a-year opportunity to put your brand at the centre of Australia’s Disability Employment Services sector and the broader community of interest through our sponsorship opportunities.
Go to: the Conference website for more information
For more information contact Disability Employment Australia on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 03 9012 6000.