Disability Employment Australia's Conference is presented by Disability Employment Australia. The 2018 Conference will be held at Hilton Adelaide on 4 & 5 September 2018.
Registrations now open!
In 2018, for the first time ever, Disability Employment Australia’s Conference will be presented by our newly-launched Centre of Excellence. The conference will focus on evidence-based best practice and continuous improvement, and how that looks in the new DES, the NDIS, the new jobactive, and wherever employment assistance for people with disability will increase their likelihood of entering the workforce, maintaining their employment, and starting a career. The conference program will include relevant debates, research and innovative practices across the following areas:
The new DES: Participant engagement
• Informed choice
• Innovation in attracting participants through the community and beyond
• The new DES guidelines
• Outcomes, quality service and participant expectations
• Specialist vs generalist; working with different disability cohorts
The new DES: Employer engagement
• Why do employers engage with you?
• Marketing and branding – go big or go bespoke
• Collaborate to increase employer engagement
• Disability employment confidence
• The future of work
NDIS employment first
• School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
• DES and NDIS – the grey area
• Information, linkages and capacity building
• NDIS Support Coordination and building a participant’s capacity
• The NDIS and employers
Innovative practices in disability employment beyond DES
• Activating participants who are very long term unemployed
• The digital revolution and its effect on employment – threat or opportunity?
• Building the capacity of Indigenous people with a disability
• Innovation in service delivery to the needs of people with disability living in rural and regional communities
• The United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, the National Disability Strategy, and the future of disability employment
The conference also offers a once-a-year opportunity to put your brand at the centre of Australia’s Disability Employment Services sector and the broader community of interest through our sponsorship opportunities.
For more information contact Disability Employment Australia on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 03 9012 6000.