Applications close 09/08/2017
How to apply:
To apply go to our website www.uccommunity.org.au/careers.
Name: Eleanor Holmes
Phone: 07 3363 2241
Advertised by UnitingCare Community
Location: Brisbane South
Do you like making a positive difference in people’s lives?
Are you dynamic, excited and passionate about promoting the growth and development of people with disability?
We’re currently recruiting people to work with individuals with disabilities; as a Supported Living Facilitator (Disability Support Worker) you’ll be working in individuals' homes and their local communities to facilitate a wide array of possibilities and opportunities, which can include volunteering, work, membership of clubs or groups – assisting individuals to get involved in their passions and make their dreams a reality!
You’ll work with individuals that may have intellectual and cognitive disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy, genetic disorders, epilepsy, and other physical and intellectual disabilities.
These are permanent part time positions, located in the Graceville, Durack, Corinda and Oxley areas.
We welcome applications from people that have a positive attitude towards people with disabilities and who are committed to upholding their human rights.
You’ll have the ability and willingness to:
- Work autonomously and as part of a team to fulfil all requirements of the role.
- Learn about the individual/s quickly and assist in what is required on any given day.
- Bring a highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude to your daily work.
- Support people, where required, with daily care and hygiene requirements, including but not limited to personal care support, meal time support, mobility support, some medical requirements, domestic and transport assistance.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Relevant disability experience, demonstrated knowledge and/or a genuine desire to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively and relate to people with a disability and their family members.
- Current Blue Card or willingness and ability to obtain one.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Current Open Qld Driver’s Licence.
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description.
All applicants must address the selection criteria listed in the attached Position Description, and attach a current resume and cover letter. If you are viewing this ad on a job board, please apply by clicking through to our careers website.
Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below. Previous applicants need not apply.
base salary + super + salary packaging
The UCC salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
UnitingCare Queensland is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our clients. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.