Applications close 09/06/2017
How to apply:
To apply go to our website www.uccommunity.org.au/careers
Name: Stutee Bhattarai
Advertised by UnitingCare Community
UnitingCare Community is seeking a suitably qualified person to develop and coordinate a new initiative in employment of people with an intellectual disability.
Project SEARCH is a licensed and trademarked program that provides a twelve month internship for young people with a disability, with the goal of improving their chances of securing suitable, long term employment. Project SEARCH helps young people with a disability to secure an internship that provides on the job training across three particular roles within large service organisations such as hospitals and aged care environments.
This initiative will initially operate from the St Andrews and Wesley Hospital sites in central Brisbane
The successful applicant will
- Hold a deep commitment to the social value of people with an intellectual disability
- Have an understanding of the challenges of working within complex hospital environments
- Have experience in the learning styles of people with an intellectual disability
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to use individual initiative and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Current Positive Notice from Disability Services. Employment is conditional upon presentation of a current Positive Notice, or a willingness to apply for and obtain the same.
- Suitability Card for Child Related Employment (Blue Card)
- Capacity to work outside standard business hours if required.
- Capacity and willingness to take on additional responsibilities if required.
All applicants must address the included selection criteria, and attach a current resume and cover letter. Should you require additional/specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
base salary + super+ salary packaging
The UCC salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
UnitingCare Queensland is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our clients. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.