Applications close 03/03/2017
How to apply:
To apply go to our website www.uccommunity.org.au/careers
Name: Berni Romer
Phone: 0428 784 983
Advertised by UnitingCare Community
The Better Futures Program, UnitingCare Community (UCC) is seeking enthusiastic and creative individual’s to for fill a number of casual positions as Supported Living Facilitators. This has the potential to progress to permanent part-time employment. Better Futures work alongside a range of individuals with very different support requirements; Focusing on community inclusion, engagement and access to the ‘good things in life’ for people with a disability.
In this role you will essentially be required to:
- Support community participation and inclusion for individuals and families.
- Undertake training in community development and inclusion principles and practices to build inclusive communities in the Townsville area.
- Work independently and creatively within a dynamic team environment.
- Possible working times of weekdays, some weekday evenings or weekends.
- Commitment to relationship building, understanding boundaries and safeguarding. Working along side people to achieve effective outcomes requires trust and this can not happen without a journey to build relationships.
- Have effective communication and listening skills. Some of the people we work alongside of communicate in ways other than verbal. Communication may occur via body language, sign and augmentative communication.
- Potential staff must have own comprehensive insured car.
In some roles you will be required to have previous experience and knowledge of working with complex support requirements and restrictive practice knowledge would be an advantage.
We are looking for a range of different workers with varied skills across many different environments.
Under NDIS we are currently working along side people to support the following goals:
- Social skills development and facilitating positive friendships.
- Managing emotions and anxiety in difficult or new situations (following the strategies recommended by professionals)
- Assisting people in personal care and hygiene routine. Building the capacity of people to undertake own personal care.
- Looking for employment and assistance to appointments.
- Working as part of a team focusing on individuals starting their own business.
Moving out of home. This involves capacity building and skill development:
- Daily living skills
- Safety and public transport skills
- Possible medication routine (assistance with)
Accessing community, social and recreational to build connections and facilitate relationships in some of the following areas:
- Fitness / exercise / cricket / Oz-Tag / football
- Volunteering and engagement in sustainability and local community environmental groups / water sports / fishing clubs / dog training
- Woodwork / welding / bike repair
- Car clubs / car racing
- Computer and console gaming
- Art / music groups / photography
- Markets / festivals / concerts
UnitingCare Queensland is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur