Applications close 06/03/2017
How to apply:
To apply go to our website www.uccommunity.org.au/careers
Name: Bernadette Petzler
Phone: 07 3432 6101
Advertised by UnitingCare Community
UnitingCare Community - Disability Directorate South West currently has an exciting opportunity for vibrant, motivated, enthusiastic and committed Supported Living Facilitators (Disability Support Workers) to join our team. As a Supported Living Facilitator, you will be required to support people with a disability in the Ipswich area to live full and meaningful lives. You will have the ability to facilitate the inclusion of people into the community, assist with skill building, increase independence and social networks and empower people to make informed choices about their lives.
Other responsibilities within this role:
- Work in partnership with the person being supported, their family and informal support networks.
- Provide quality support with an emphasis on choice, enhancing quality of life, health and well being.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of individual plans.
- Provide support to build and maintain relationships and establish key connections within the community, liaise with community groups, potential employers and source other meaningful programs and activities.
- Work within and comply with organisational requirements including the completion of documentation, attend training and participate at meetings.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Relevant certification, previous experience or the ability to demonstrate an interest and have the capacity to work effectively in this role.
- A Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current Positive Notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card) or willingness to apply for and obtain upon commencement of employment.
- A current Queensland Driver's Licence is an advantage.
base salary + super+ salary packaging
The UCC salary packaging program offers employees the opportunity to significantly increase their take home pay. For more information please refer to http://www.accesspay.com.au/ebook/ebook.html or visit the AccessPay website (http://www.accesspay.com.au/Content.aspx?page=salarypackaging).
Further information on this position can be obtained by viewing the attached position description. Should you require additional / specific details about the role, please contact as per the details below.
UnitingCare Queensland is committed to being a child safe, child friendly organisation and for all children who come into contact with our services we will provide welcoming, safe and nurturing services, prevent child abuse and neglect within our services and appropriately and immediately address child abuse and neglect if it does occur.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for our clients. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.