Australia's Disability Employment Conference 2012
Aug 08 - Aug 09 2012
Welcome to Australia's annual Disability Employment Conference presented by Disability Employment Australia.
- Wednesday 8th August to Thursday 9th August 2012 at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
- Register now!
- Early bird specials close on 13 June 2012
Australia’s Disability Employment Conference is presented by Disability Employment Australia.
Join us in 2012 from Wednesday the 8th of August to Thursday the 9th of August, at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
Australia’s Disability Employment Conference is an important annual event for disability employment practitioners and leaders.
As part of its ongoing commitment to industry development and growth, Disability Employment Australia provides delegates with opportunities to think, question and respond to a range of critical issues in ways that are meaningful to their organisations, people with disability, employers and the industry more broadly.
About the Conference
The 2012 conference falls at a critical time for the sector. Tenders will have been submitted, and it will be a timely opportunity to regroup, debrief, and map out our strategy moving forward.
A multi-level program is being offered. The conversations weaving their way through the conference will cater to Boards, CEOs, senior managers, operational managers, workforce planners, Disability Employment Services (DES) practitioners, people with disability and those with an interest in open employment for people with disability in Australia.
Highlights include *
- Person-centred servicing – How might a person-centred approach be operationalised within the DES contractual framework?
- Emerging media – How might social media benefit your organisation? Explore new ways of connecting with each other, employers and clients.
- The employer voice –We examine strategies for increased employment in the public sector, and revisit the NDRC.
- Education pathways – We delve into university pathways for people with disability and explore international case studies.
- Ongoing Support – We present insights from an Ongoing Support Assessor and question current trends for long-term ongoing support.
- Transition – How might we best manage transition? DEEWR steps us through the transition process.
- Indigenous focus – How might we create culturally safe and accessible services for Indigenous people with disability?
- Rural and remote – An update on the future of remote employment servicing.
- The labour market – Where are the jobs of the future? We unpack national skill and labour market trends.
*Program is subject to change
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in employment assistance for people with disability including:
- Management and staff of the Disability Employment Services (DES)
- Job Services Australia providers
- People with disability
- Training organisations
- Policy makers
- Employers and their representatives
7 August 2012, Grand Hyatt Melbourne
Exclusive to members only, our pre-conference workshops allow engagement with key speakers on critical issues.
Speaking to big business - An HR perspective (full-day)
Disability Employment Australia and the Australian Institute of Human Resources (AHRI) partner to present the inaugural training programand capability framework for disability employment practitioners.
Consistent communication in periods of change (half-day)
Prepare your organisation to better manage change as a direct result of the DES-ESS tender, and improve all aspects of communication across your organisation.
Social Return on Investment: More than dollars and cents (half-day)
This introductory workshop will explore the emerging Social Return on Investment (SROI) concept in the context of Disability Employment Services.
Disability Employment Australia
Suite 408, 365 Little Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: (03) 8676 0353